It’s week 5 of my 12 week series of The Summer of Salads. Featured is my Cold Asian Noodle Salad with Grilled Salmon. For my gluten free followers, I used brown rice spaghetti but whole wheat can be substituted for those of you who don’t have a gluten intolerance. I believe in venturing out and trying new vegetables. This week, I tried napa cabbage which is a Chinese cabbage used in most East Asian recipes. I hope you have tried and enjoyed my salad recipes so far. It’s been a fun and challenging task to come up with new recipes and dressings each week. There’s only 7 weeks to go! Enjoy!
Cold Asian Noodle Salad with Grilled Salmon
Noodle Salad Ingredients:
• 8 oz of brown rice or whole wheat spaghetti
• 1-1/2 cups of napa cabbage chopped
• 1-1/2 cups of red cabbage chopped
• 1 cup of shredded carrots
• 1/4 tsp of red onions chopped
• 1 green onion stalk chopped
• 1-3 oz wild caught salmon fillet (kosher salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and paprika. Season to taste.)
• Olive oil cooking spray
Salad Dressing Ingredients:
• 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
• 1/2 tsp of sesame oil
• 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
• 1 tsp of minced garlic
• 1 tsp of minced fresh ginger
• 2 stevia packets of sugar
• 1 tsp of honey
• 3/4 tsp of kosher salt
• 1/4 tsp of onion powder
• 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
• Cook the spaghetti according to the package al dente. Rinse with cold water to remove the film. Set aside.
• In a bowl, mix the chopped vegetables with the spaghetti. Set aside.
• In a jar or lidded container, mix dressing ingredients and shake well.
• Pour the dressing over the spaghetti. Toss well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Season to taste.
• Season the salmon according to taste. See above for seasoning.
• Spray the top and bottom of foreman grill with olive oil cooking spray. Cook skin side down for 5-6 mins or until done. It should be pink in the middle.
• If using an oven, spray a non stick pan with olive oil cooking spray. Bake on 350° degrees for 10-12 mins depending upon the thickness or until done. It should be pink in the middle.
• Place 1 cup of the noodle salad upon the plate and top it with your grilled salmon.