It’s week 6 of my 12 week series of The Summer of Salads. Featured is the Simple Dilled Salmon Salad. It was a very quick and easy recipe to make in under 30 minutes depending upon the thickness of your fillets. If you don’t like the taste of dill, you can eliminate it from your recipe. Slightly different taste, but still a great, light and healthy salad for lunch, picnics or as a party appetizer. Here’s the recipe. Enjoy!
Simple Dilled Salmon Salad
• 1 lb of wild caught salmon fillets (kosher salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and paprika. Season to taste.)
• 1/2 cup of Kraft Reduced Fat Olive Oil Mayo
• 1/4 tsp of minced garlic
• 1/4 tsp of dill weed
• 1 green onion stalk chopped
• 1/4 cup of red and green bell peppers chopped
• A splash of fresh lemon juice
• Olive oil cooking spray
• Season the salmon according to taste. See above for seasoning.
• Spray the top and bottom of foreman grill with olive oil cooking spray. Cook skin side down for 5-6 mins or until done. It should be pink in the middle.
• If using an oven, spray a non stick pan with olive oil cooking spray. Bake on 350° degrees for 10-12 mins depending upon the thickness or until done. It should be pink in the middle.
• Let the salmon cool for about 15 mins.
• Remove the skin and begin to flake the salmon apart.
• In a bowl, gently mix the salmon with all of your salad ingredients.
• Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Season to taste