It’s week 9 of my 12 week series of The Summer of Salads with only 3 more weeks to go. Featured is the Sun-Dried Tomato and Cranberry Chicken Salad.
• 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts (kosher salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and paprika. Season to taste.)
• 1 cup of Kraft Reduced Fat Olive Oil Mayo
• 1/4 cup of Simple Truth unsweetened almond milk
• 2 tbsps of dried cranberries
• 3 sun dried tomatoes from a jar chopped
• 1 tbsp of slivered almonds
• 1 tbsp of red onions chopped
• 1 green onion stalk chopped
• 1/4 cup of green bell peppers chopped
• 1/4 tsp of poppy seed
• 1/4 tsp of celery seed
• 1/4 tsp of dill weed
• 1/2 packet of stevia sugar
• Sprinkle of paprika for color
• Olive oil cooking spray
Grilled or baked chicken:
• Season the chicken according to taste. See above for seasoning.
• Spray the top and bottom of foreman grill with olive oil cooking spray. Cook for about 5-6 mins on each side or until done.
• If using an oven, spray a non stick pan with olive oil cooking spray. Bake on 350° degrees for 15-20 mins depending upon the thickness or until done.
• Let the chicken cool for about 15-20 mins. Set aside.
• Once cooled, began to chop and shred the chicken according to your desired consistency (fine or chunky).
• In a bowl, gently mix the chicken with all of your salad ingredients. Sprinkle a dash of paprika for color.
• Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Season to taste.
• Makes up to 3 servings.